ATC 2014 > Home
2nd ESA Advanced Training Course on Atmospheric remote Sensing
27-31 October 2014, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
As part of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element, the European Space Agency (ESA) is organising an advanced Atmospheric Training Course, co-sponsored by Forschungszentrum Jülich - Institute of Energy and Climate Research, devoted to train the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to exploit data from ESA and operational EO Missions for science and applications development.
Post graduate, PhD students, post doctoral research scientists and users from European countries and Canada interested in Atmospheric Remote Sensing are invited to apply to the 5 day course on the subject, which will be held at the Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany from 27-31 October 2014.
Research scientists and students from all other countries are also welcome to apply and participate to the course subject to space availability.
No participation fees will be charged for the training but participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses (financial support is not available).
The official language of the training course is English. Participation will be limited to 50 students.
This Training Course is co-sponsored by Forschungszentrum Jülich - Institute of Energy and Climate Research
The Advanced Atmospheric Training Course aims at:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- Explaining theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in applications;
- Introducing tools and methods for the exploitation of EO satellite data;
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of ESA EO and Third Party Mission data for atmospheric remote sensing science and applications;
- Preparation for the Sentinel 5P mission.