Sentinel-3 for Science ws > Home
The European Space Agency, in the context of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) element, is organising an event dedicated to prepare for scientific exploitation of the Sentinel-3 mission, entitled "Sentinel-3 for Science Workshop", which will be hosted in Venice -Lido Palazzo del Casinò, Italy, from 02 – 05 June 2015.
The workshop is open to ESA Principal Investigators, co-investigators, Sentinel-3 users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European and international agencies and value adding industries. The outcome of this workshop will help to further shape the next generation of R&D activities in the frame of ESA Earth Observation Programme.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Gather and foster the future Sentinel-3 scientific community
- Review and assess the progress according to the recommendations voiced at previous workshops and symposia.
- "Provide a forum for ESA PIs and scientists to present first results exploiting Sentinel-3 type data using previous ESA (ERS, Envisat, CryoSat, Proba-V) and Third Party Missions (e.g. Modis, AVHRR, etc.)”
- Present the Sentinel-3 mission status, algorithms and products
- Provide a forum for international exchange on ocean, atmosphere, land, inland water and cryosphere applications.
- Present large scale international initiatives to support the R&D activities relevant to Sentinel-3 and promote synergy with other Sentinels, as well as other missions.
- Provide a forum for scientists to formulate community recommendations.
- Consult scientists to prepare Exploitation Elements supporting science activities for Sentinel-3
30-04-2015: The Preliminary Programme with abstract information is now available HERE
27-04-2015: The Author Instructions and Poster info is available HERE
17-04-2015: Please kindly REGISTER to the workshop HERE
23-03-2015: The Notification to the Authors was sent on 01 April 2015.
29-01-2015: The Abstract Submission deadline was extended until 08 February 2015