ATMOS 2015 > Home
The European Space Agency is organizing, in the context of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) element, a conference on the topical theme atmosphere. The purpose of this conference is to provide a forum for scientists to present results from their ongoing research using data from past and current atmospheric instruments like ERS-2, Envisat, Metop and ESA Third Party Missions. Furthermore this conference is dedicated to prepare for the scientific exploitation of the Sentinel-5 Precursor mission.
The Conference will be held at the University of Crete (Greece - Heraklion) from 08-12 June 2015.
The workshop is open to ESA Principal Investigators, co-investigators, Sentinel-5 Precursor users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European and international space agencies and value adding industries.
The Conference is meant to:
Provide a forum to present scientific results from the exploitation of space-borne atmospheric missions (e.g. GOME, SCIAMACHY, MIPAS, GOMOS, OMI, IASI, OSIRIS, ACE, GOSAT, AATSR) and application projects (e.g. Climate Change Initiative, Copernicus)
- Review and assess the progress according to the recommendations voiced at the ESA 2012 Atmospheric Science Conference
- Gather and foster the future Sentinel-5P scientific community
- Present the Sentinel-5P mission status, algorithms and products
- Present large scale international initiatives to support the R&D activities relevant to Sentinel-5P and promote synergy with other Sentinels, as well as other missions
- Provide a forum for scientists to formulate community recommendations
- Consult scientists to prepare Exploitation Elements supporting science activities for Sentinel-5P